The idea of a chocolate sauce that could also be used as an icing was very appealing to me though, so I kept looking and ran across this recipe for a Allergen Free Chocolate Syrup from a website called Allergy Free Cooking Baby. Since the recipe was for a syrup, I decided to cut the liquid back by half hoping it'd thicken up in the refrigerator and it did not disappoint. Even my grandma, who is not a sweets person, loved it! So without further au due, I present all of you chocolate lovers with...
Allergen Free Chocolate Syrup
From: Allergen Free Cooking Baby!
- • ¼ cup brown sugar
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 1 cup Cacao powder or Cocoa powder
- • 1 cup water ( I used only a 1/2 cup of water to achieve a thicker consistency)
- • ¼ tsp salt
- • 2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugars, cacao powder, & salt, just until mixed.
- Add in water and vanilla and stir over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- The mixture will start to stick to the spoon.
- Mixture will thicken a little more in the refrigerator.
- Use for chocolate dairy free milk, or as a topping on your favorite dairy free ice cream.
*As a caution, be careful to mix everything well before heating as any dry ingredients stuck to the bottom will burn very easily!